Sorry in advance for my English. It's not my mother tongue.
I'm a newbie here, but I've been reading these boards for some months. Thank you very much for all this information, answers and advice. They've been very helpful.
Now the time has come to ask for advice for me because I'm a bit confused what to do next. Here's my story.
I was diagnosed on the 30th week of pregnancy with count of 8K. Really scared because I thought it was leukemia. Thanks God it wasn't. I had a plus therapy with dexamethasone and in a week I had 109K. I was released from the hospital and in 3 weeks my platelets rose to 211K without any further treatment. I was happy and thought that the story was over. But very soon they dropped to 27K and I had to take 8 mg of prednisone which raised my platelets to 100K in a week and 195 in two weeks. My baby daughter arrived on the 37th week, a bit earlier but perfectly healthy my Hema cancelled prednisone and after labour my platelets only rose to 255K, which was my usual count before pregnancy. I also did an antibody test which showed 190% (the norm is 200%). I began breastfeeding and was absolutely happy that this horror was connected only to my pregnancy and it was over. But, as you may guess, I had a drop again in four weeks to 5K, which was the most severe since the beginning in February 2017. This time I had not only petechiae on my legs but also blood blisters in my mouth. I immediately stopped breastfeeding (which I still don't know was right or wrong. But that was my Hema's idea). This time my antibodies were 670%, three times higher than the norm. I had to take 24 mg of prednisone again. In a week I had 61K in two weeks 215K . So it worked perfectly well for me and I began to taper. It took me three months. My playlets fluctuated between 220-230 and occasionally spiked to 300K. It was until I took the last 1 mg this August. At the beginning of August my platelets dropped to 9K, not so many symptoms, but I immediately took 1 mg again just to avoid bleeding (which I never had but really afraid of) My Hema instisted on my taking 60 mg, because she didn't believe that 24mg would help me this time. I was against because by that time I'd already read a lot of information about horrible side effects of that treatment. I raised my dosage to 2mg and began looking for alternatives. It took me two months. I did blood tests every week. My platelets fluctuated: 10K-28K-13K-42K-57K (machine work) and from 20K to even 115K when a laboratory assistant counted them (not machine). I also did a blood test for h.pylori which came back positive. I decided to take antibiotics for two weeks. In two weeks after h.pylori eradication my platelets spiked to 75K (machine work) and 171K (assistant's count) In a month after eradication I have 95K and 115K. This is my latest count. I'm still taking 2 mg of prednisone, 2 mg of vit C, omega 3, vit B12, L-glutamine, some herbs. I've been also on AIP for three months. Oh, that's really difficult! My mistake is I began taking and doing everything at once and now I don't know what helps me. I think it is h.pylori eradication. But my count dropped a bit again. Does it mean that it didn't work for me? Or do I have to give it a little more time, say one more month? On the other hand I also read that just taking any antibiotics helped people to raise their count temporarily. Is there any sense to take 2 mg of prednisone? Does it help anyone to maintain safe count? How long can I take it without side effects? Are there any people who managed to go into remission on AIP? What should be my next step?
Sorry for this long story! I would really appreciate any help or advice!!!