I did research this. My haemo felt that steroids would be first choice treatment with ivig as a next choice.
As far as I'm aware, the risk of steroids is that there is a link to cleft palate if they're taken in the first trimester. After that, you should be ok to take them.
Ivig is lots of peoples antibodies mixed together, so there is a risk of infection (or virus or something - not too clear on this bit) being passes on because it's from so many peoples blood.
I was diagnosed with itp in December 2012 and am now 21 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 (I didn't have itp with my first). My counts have gone from 30ish pre-pregnancy to 60-100 in pregnancy. So I haven't needed any treatment. Others here have had steroids, ivig or a combination of both.
Guess you just don't know what surprises an itp pregnancy could hold! But if you have a haemo you can trust & discuss things with, that's a good starting point.
Lowest count 1. Highest count 207 (ivig) Indium scan showed predominantly splenic destruction. No meds currently, just seeing how things go.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain".