Diagnosed in 1998, currently in remission. Diagnosed with Lupus in 2006.
Last Count - 344k - 6-9-18
Thank you received: 2375
First, calm down. Nothing has to be done in haste. 'Watch and wait' is a very valid option for children, in the UK they rarely treat no matter what the count is. If you are not sure what to do, do nothing until you make a decision you are comfortable with.
Splenectomy is NOT the best choice right now, especially since nothing else has been tried. In the meantime, read as much as you can about the treatments. Having that knowledge will help things to fall into place for you.
Don't allow the doctor to remove her spleen. My daughter has been at 10,000k(about 6 years ago), and there was not talk of removing her spleen. Take your daughter to a Holistic doctor( these are MD that treat autoimmunity without medications), they are also called integrative alternative doctors. I speak from experience, there is a huge chance your daughter doesn't need those horrible medication the doctor is about to prescribe, neither she needs her spleen to be taken out. My daughter uses NO medications, and her latest count was 201K. Let me also tell you that my daughter has bigger problems that yours, she has been very close to being diagnose with lupus.
The Platelet Disorder Support Association does not provide medical advice or endorse any medication, vitamins or herbs. The information contained herein is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice and is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment, discontinuing an existing treatment and to discuss any questions you may have regarding your unique medical condition.
Platelet Disorder Support Association 8751 Brecksville Road, Suite 150, Cleveland, Ohio 44141 Phone: 1-87-PLATELET | 877-528-3538 (toll free) | or 440-746-9003 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org