The Platelet Disorder Support Association is pleased to announce the designation of the month of September as national ITP Awareness MonthSM. PDSA requested this designation in 2010 to increase the public’s understanding of ITP and other platelet disorders, let patients and their families know that there are resources and support available to help them have the best possible outcomes, and that they are not alone.
PDSA offers a comprehensive array of education and support services to patients and their families as well as health care providers. We personally answer thousands of calls and emails each year, provide FREE educational materials and local support, and our Web site, pdsa.org, contains 200 + pages of valuable information about ITP, treatments, diet, and support and has become the premier news source for medical professionals and patients with ITP and other platelet disorders.
Together We Can Make a Difference
Please Take an Active Role in the Upcoming ITP Awareness MonthSM
This is the month we join together on behalf of our common goal -- to raise public awareness and create a better understanding of ITP.
Your active support is crucial as PDSA looks to the future. If each of us makes a goal to participate in ITP Awareness MonthSM, our strength will continue to build and make a positive difference in the lives of those living with ITP and other platelet disorders.
Celebrate Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM. Sport your purple attire to raise awareness for ITP. Visit the Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM page.
Opportunities to participate in ITP Awareness MonthSM
- Write a letter to your congress person. Here is a Template. (Microsoft Word .doc format)
- Contact your local media to be interviewed about ITP. Here is a Press Release. (Adobe .pdf format)
- Distribute PDSA Brochures to doctors' offices, pharmacies, hospitals, libraries.
- Attend a local support group meeting – bring a family member or friend. See a list of support groups and meeting dates by clicking here.
- Participate in our National Walk/Run: Pump it up for Platelets ~ for a world free of ITP. See a list of participating sites by clicking here.
- Organize a walk or other fundraising event. For ideas, check out our “50 Ways to Fundraise”.
- Contact local civic clubs and offer to speak about your personal experience with ITP.
- Coordinate a display at a health fair, store, or hospital.
- Ask your city government to publicly acknowledge ITP Awareness MonthSM.
- Share information about ITP Awareness MonthSM with your contacts on Facebook, Twitter and other online sites.
- Download the ITP Awareness Ribbon and share on your pages or make your profile picture.
- Join PD's Platelet PUSH Project
- Join PDSA or give a gift membership. More information can be found by clicking here.
- Make a donation.