Get in the Game for 2012
Click the link below for information and resources that will prepare you to support ITP Awareness MonthSM and Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM in 2012.
ITP Awareness MonthSM and Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM were an outstanding success in 2011 and 2012
Thank you to everyone who "Got in the Game" and participated and/or donated in support of ITP awareness and PDSA.
Results of PDSA’s 2011 Fundraising Efforts and ITP Awareness Month Initiatives
- The combined 2011 fundraising efforts raised more than $190,000
- Walk/Run locations more than doubled in 2011 to 10 cities
- Awareness Month generated media coverage across the globe and considerably raised public awareness for ITP
▶ 17 newspaper articles including stories in the UK and India
▶ 4 TV feature stories and interviews including Fox, CBS, and NBC
▶ Fox & Friends anchors Sported Purple for Platelets on September 30th
- Over 2,000 “Got Platelets?” awareness bands were distributed in September
- Over 550 ITP awareness pins were distributed in September
- Over 23 school information packets were distributed in September
- Over 2300 educational brochures and pamphlets were distributed in September
Read all about how ITP Awareness MonthSM and Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM were recognized throughout the World!
- "Spring Hill student doesn’t let disorder get him down"
- "Brave Ella speaks out about her pain"
- "MP hosts charity tea party"
- "The colour of awareness"
- "Sport purple for Platelets Day"
- "Wish you a million platelets!"
- "ITP: The Platelet Killing Silent Stalker"
AssociatedContent.com from Yahoo